Monday, November 14, 2011

Finding Beauty in Humility

Psalm 149:4 - For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with victory.

When I first read this verse I was overwhelmed by the thought that God takes pleasure in me! He finds joy from my life as I seek to honor Him! That thought alone reminds me that He is the only one I should be concerned with impressing. It goes on to say that I will be made beautiful with success if I remain humble. That is my heart's desire - to remain effective and efficient to reach success in the areas God has called me to. I want to be made beautiful radiant of victory in Jesus.

Lord, help me to always stay humble. Rid me of any pride and cleanse my heart. May I be marked by my humility and submission to you. Thank you for taking pleasure in me. My heart is so encouraged to know that I delight you in the way I honor you. I love you more than words can say.

No comments: